Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/artandsoul/profile/1541387

Francisco Garcia

Title: N/A

Bio: My name is Francisco Garcia I was born and raised in Los Angeles California. I am currently studying Art and Chicano studies in Phoenix. I am a member of ALAC, Calaca, Cultural Art Coalition, and Arizona Dream Act Coalition. I also like to work with faith based organizations such as Victory Outreach, Torre Fuerte, In Him Church, Catalyst and Neighborhood Ministries. I have been creating Urban Art and murals since 2003. My art contains messages about hope, faith, social change, peace, culture, history, education, Joe Arpaio, and immigration issues. I received the prestigious Eric Fichl scholarship in 2007 at Phoenix College and later the Eric Fiscl Award at the Phoenix art Museum for 2008. My art has been featured in the New Times, Arizona Republic, ASU Newspaper, and KTAR radio. I was fortunate to hang art in ASU West, ASU Tempe, ASU Downtown, Holgas Gallery, and ALAC ART Museum.I have studied the Great murals and art in Mexico such as the art in the pyramids, Diego Rivera and Fridah Kahlo. I was also nominated by an organization in Washington DC in July 2009 to fly out there and speak to Congressmen about how Obama's money helped the internships in Arizona, how art contributes to society, and about the Dream Act. I was fortunate to go to the Holocaust Musuem in DC, I feel that God took me there so that I can see the similarities of the injustices of the Holocaust and immigration issues in Arizona. I am currently creating art for the Chicano Movement and social change, with scriptural perspective. I thank God for his GRACE in my life and for the friends and fam that he has given me I appreciate yall and love you. My bigeest influences have been God, My family, The undocumented people that work hard for their dreams, the injustice, underground hip-hop, The Mac, Obey-Shepard Fairy, Diego Rivera, and AWR.

Website:http://myspace.com/grafftruth

Location: Southwest Corner of Rio Salado & Mill, Tempe

No comments:

Post a Comment