Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

http://www.Calle16.org/losmuralistasmuralist.html I just joined Calle 16!!!!

CALLE16 ART . CUISINE . CULTURAL District


Los MURALISTAS de la CALLE 16

FRANCISCO GARCIA

FRANCISCO GARCIA When I was 5 years old I was inspired by Marvel cartoons such as X-Men and Spider-Man. Growing up in Los Angeles inspired me with it's Chicano murals and graffiti in the urban city. As a child I recall my Mother being my inspiration. She'd take me out to the streets to sell clothes and art from a baby stroller. I am blessed to have such a strong women to call my Mom who has taught me to be creative and never give up on my dreams. It wasn't until I moved to Phoenix, Arizona when I was 16 that I started creating urban art. It's humble beginnings started with graffiti, and later it began to evolve after I gave my heart to Jesus Christ. I went from a graffiti vandal causing damage in the streets, to a community artist for social change. I have been blessed with internships in non-profits such as Las Artes, Public Allies, ACYR, and churches. I studied abroad all over Mexico in the summer of 2008. I studied the 3 muralist, the history of Mexico, pyramids, and many art museums. I also received the 2008 Eric Fischl Vanguard Award in the Phoenix Art Museum and the Eric Fischl Scholarship in 2007. In 2009 I was nominated by the National Youth Employment Coalition (an organization in Washington DC) to speak to congressman about why art is important in our communities, how Obama's money helped the non profits, and the dream act. I have been mentored by Judy Budzine from Cultural Art Coalition, and Martin Moreno from Las Artes. They have been great examples in my life and have helped me trail blaze the way. I am currently working with youth at risk, churches, non profits, undocumented students, painting murals about immigration issues to educate people and empower the community for social change. I am currently a member of Ariztlan Studio, ALAC (Arizona Latino Art Cultural Center), Calaca, Cultural Art Coalition,and Dream Act Coalition. My art has been featured in CNN, The New Times, Arizona Republic, ASU Newspaper, Fox, Univision, Az Family News, Arizona Informant, La Opinion and KTAR radio. I was fortunate to hang art in Arizona Historical Museum, ASU West, ASU Tempe, ASU Downtown, Holgas Gallery, 2345 Gallery, Pravus, and ALAC ART Museum. Proverbs 3:5-6 In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make all your paths straight.

el MOISES

El Moisés is leaving his mark as a modern day artist that brings the essence of urban culture and barrio flavor to light. The foundation of his artwork is influenced by the Chicano, American, Native American, and Mexican cultures that are reflected in his art pieces.

Narrating history, culture, visions, and street life, he creates the core elements of a chic, vibrant cornucopia. The artist’s distinctive style is bright, intense, and exhilarating with countless strokes of brilliant colors flowing in all directions layered on his images, often distorted and surreal, bordered in a bold black outline.

Inspired by his roots, El Moisés accents his wood carved frames with a Native American and/or Mexican folk art touch often bringing the artwork outside of the square dimensions.

El Moisés persistently creates innovative, inimitable work that conveys wit, ethnicity and sincerity. The lively, extraordinary artworks of El Moises tell stories that are at times humorous, moving and often derived from a life experience


Jason Rudolph Peña was born and raised in Phoenix, AZ, Jason was a late bloomer to the art world, starting out in his early twenties. His early inexperience with oil paints eventually caused him to get blood poisoning and permanent nerve damage in his hands. Now Jason mainly works with acrylics and watercolors for health reasons. Even though painting is often painful and difficult to accomplish, Jason continues to create elegant work with love and passion.

PABLO LUNA

PABLO LUNA is known. Period.

Pablo has been spinning and painting in and around Phoenix for years. Pablo has a reputation as a premier muralist in PHX.

Catch Pablo's art exhibit currently at the Barrio Cafe in Phoenix's Calle 16.
GEORGE YEPES
GEORGE YEPES was born in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico and raised in the City Terrace neighborhood of East Los Angeles. He earned a degree in business administration at California State University, Los Angeles, while taking painting classes at night at East Los Angeles College. He then started his own financial planning business, working for several years as a part-time muralist and a full-time accountant. Between 1979 and 1985 he was one of the East Los Streetscapers. Since 1988 his works on canvas have been exhibited in group and solo shows in several local galleries and museums. In 1992 Yepes established the first free mural art school in Los Angeles-Academia de Arte Yepes. In early 1998 he completed a 68-foot vaulted ceiling mural for the Golden State Archives Museum in Sacramento.

George will be throwing down with Gennaro Garcia at Deportes America's north wall - CALLE 16.

RANDY KINKEL is an artist based in Phoenix, Arizona whose sometimes bold, sometimes introspective abstract paintings and colorful animal paintings occasionally appear on walls of local and regional residences and businesses. He is a past owner/resident artist of Red Dog Gallery in Phoenix, and is a DJ at all-classical Public Radio station 89.5 KBAQ. In the past, He’s used his art to raise money for valley animal rescue organizations; he and his wife Nancy’s 5 dogs and 2 cats have all been rescues. He’s lived in haunted house, rides a 30 year old bike to work, and makes a mean red chile sauce.
JENNY ODOM IGNASZEWSKI


LOSMURALISTASdePHX y que!
creating community . one wall at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment